PRATT – The Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT) is currently accepting applications for the first step in applying to become a Kansas Game Warden – testing and assessment. Applicants who meet minimum qualifications and pass the testing and assessment will then become part of a pool of eligible candidates who may receive an offer of employment as a Natural Resource Officer I. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 16, 2018.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
-Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college. Applicants receiving a bachelor’s degree by June 1, 2018 will be considered.
-Possess a valid driver’s license
-Pass a background check, truth verification examination, background
investigation, and drug screen
-Be a credible witness in court
To apply for the upcoming testing and assessment, applicants must first register with the State of Kansas by completing the personal information registration form at www.da.ks.gov/ps/aaa/recruitment/. A State of Kansas Applicant ID Number will then be provided.
Next, applicants must submit an application packet containing each of the following items:
1) Letter of interest (include your State of Kansas Applicant ID Number)
2) Detailed resume, including a valid e-mail address
3) College transcript(s) (unofficial copies are acceptable as long as the degree is conferred)
4) KDWPT employment application, which can be found at ksoutdoors.com/KDWPT-Info/Jobs
5) Authorization to release information form found at ksoutdoors.com/KDWPTInfo/Jobs (This must be witnessed and signed by a KDWPT employee or signed in front of and notarized by a notary public.
6) Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate located at www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html (A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas tax laws.)
Application packets should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Human Resources, Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism, 512 SE 25th Ave., Pratt, KS 67124. Applicants will be notified whether or not they have been selected to participate in the initial testing and assessment.
KDWPT reserves the right to conduct a background check on all qualified applicants.
For more information, contact the KDWPT Law Enforcement Division at (620) 672-5911.