Apply for Utah antlerless big game permit

If you’d like to provide your family with fresh, delicious, healthy meat — that you took yourself, while enjoying time in Utah’s backcountry — mark May 31 on your calendar. That’s the day you can start applying for a permit to hunt cow elk, cow moose, doe deer and doe pronghorn in Utah.

Applications for Utah antlerless permits will be accepted through You must submit your application no later than 11 p.m. on June 21 to be included in the draw for permits.

(The permits are called antlerless permits because the animals you’ll hunt don’t have antlers.)

Everything you need to apply for a permit is on the Division website.

“Once you arrive at the web page,” says Lindy Varney, wildlife licensing coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources, “you’ll find detailed maps, boundary descriptions for the various hunting units, a list of the hunts you can apply for and a link to the application itself.”

If you have questions about applying for an antlerless permit, call the Utah Hunt Application Office at 1-800-221-0659, the nearest Division of Wildlife Resources office or the DWR’s Salt Lake City office at 801-538-4700.