Fish and Game provides option for fading licenses and tags

For hunters and anglers who are experiencing poorly printed licenses and fading tags, it is now possible to get a replacement tag or license free of charge.

Idaho Fish and Game is providing a couple ways for sportsmen and women to get new copies.

Bring your faded licenses or tags to any regional Fish and Game office and request a replacement.
Mail your faded license and tags to a Fish and Game office along with a note requesting they be replaced, your first and last name and date of birth. Be sure to include your return mailing address.

There is no charge to receive replacements, however, these cannot be issued without first relinquishing the faded items.

Sportsmen and women are encouraged to request any necessary duplicates sooner, rather than later.

Fish and Game thanks the public and the many statewide license vendors for their patience while we try to identify solutions for permanently fixing this issue.

For any questions regarding this matter, you can call the nearest regional Idaho Fish and Game office or email