SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) today announced the launch of a new user-friendly licensing, registration and reservation platform for outdoor enthusiasts interested in hunting, fishing, boating, snowmobiling and camping.
Visitors to https://ExploreMoreIL.com and https://Camp.ExploreMoreIL.com will discover quick and easy solutions for hunting and fishing licensing and permitting; watercraft and snowmobile titling, registration and renewals; as well as campground reservations on any device, at any time.
The platform features a clean, modern design, streamlined content and a 24/7 call center (866-716-6550) to enable fast and easy transactions. The system also provides users a seamless transition from the previous wildlife and fish licensing system and Reserve America. Prior users will simply need to log in as they’ve done in the past with existing credentials. All profile, license and past purchase information, as well as active campground reservations, have been loaded into the new system. New users can easily create a username and password.
“We want to invite Illinois residents and visitors to our state to explore more of Illinois, and the new ExploreMoreIL.com and Camp.ExploreMoreIL.com platforms make it easy for everyone to enjoy the outdoors and all the great places and activities Illinois has to offer,” said IDNR Director Colleen Callahan.
IDNR partnered with digital government solutions firm NIC Inc., to develop and manage the new licensing, registration and reservation platform. NIC has 20 years of experience in outdoor licensing solutions across 12 states, including Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Alabama, Maine and South Carolina, in addition to extensive expertise in managing digital government services and payment processing solutions.
“NIC as a proud partner to the State of Illinois, is pleased to roll out the new outdoor recreation system and support the platform and its users as we enter a new year of hunting, fishing, boating, snowmobiling and camping,” said Sandi Miller, Vice President of NIC Outdoors. “This new platform is easy to use from any device with quick order options that save users time that is better spent outdoors.”
For customers who prefer to purchase hunting and fishing licenses in person, the system is available at over 700 issuing agent locations, including bait shops, convenience stores, sporting goods retailers, Walmart stores and Illinois Natural Department of Resources locations, as well as over the phone. More than 1 million transactions will be processed each year in the new system.
New Features and Enhanced Functionality
• Enhanced user experience
• Clean, modern design and streamlined content
• Fast and easy transactions
• Mobile-friendly interface works on any device
• 24/7 phone customer service support is available for users
Additional New Features for Hunters, Anglers, Boaters and Snowmobilers
• Customer dashboard provides information specific to each user’s profile
• One-stop access to licenses, applications, permits and registrations
• Eligible products (based on profile data) displayed for fast purchase
• Hassle-free features like auto-renewal for fishing licenses so users don’t have to worry about remembering to get next year’s license
• Customers can now title and register their snowmobiles and watercraft online in additional to renewals
Additional New Features for Campground Reservations
• Visually stunning interactive site maps for users to quickly explore parks and sites
• Simple attributes to help customers search/filter the available parks and sites
• Customer profile allows users to manage/change/cancel upcoming reservations
• Embedded messaging notifications to keep customers aware of park activities or closures
IDNR’s system is flexible and allows for quick modifications and updates to licensing requirements.