The tiger muskie (a sterile hybrid between a true muskellunge and a northern pike) is a hefty, aggressive fish that puts up an incredible fight, and when fully mature can be over three feet long. These predators are widely regarded as Utah’s most coveted sportfish and have also been referred to as the “fish of 10,000 casts.”
We’ve teamed up with Sportsman’s Warehouse and local muskie expert Chad Boren (member of Mountain West Muskies) to offer a free seminar on how to best catch these stealthy carnivores. Join us Aug. 23 from 5:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. and learn:
• Where to catch tiger muskies in northeastern Utah
• Proper muskie tackle and equipment
• Proper catch-and-release techniques
• Strategies for fishing from shore and boat
• Management of muskies at Bullock and Cottonwood reservoirs, and Lakeshore Lake in the Uintas
Register online before the event. Questions? Contact Valarie at 435-828-0008.